The first-ever Kiva Club Open concluded Sunday, and produced many winners.
Chris Hanson, who is ranked No. 85 in the world, won the professional draw. He beat 17-year-old Jesus Camacho, 3 games to 1, in an hour-long match Sunday afternoon. (Click here for more details.)
Hanson is a 24-year-old left-hander who lives in Greenwich, CT. Camacho, who is world No. 202, is from Mexico.
The Kiva Club Open also had an amateur draw for doubles and singles. The draws were organized by skill level rather than by age (December's Kiva Classic tournament uses age
Here are the winners in the different categories.
1. Grant Robinson and Todd Lopez (Kiva Club)
2. Sean Gallagher and Walter Burke (Kiva Club)
1. Brian Boyd and Josh Brown (Kiva Club)
2. Alex Kalangis and Bill Wanker (Kiva Club)
1. Bill Wanker and David Oberstein (Kiva Club)
2. Dave Matthews and Courtney Carswell (Kiva Club)
1. Chris Fontes (Los Alamos)
2. Jesse Giron (Tempe)
3. through 6. did not play
1. Jehanzeb Chaudhry (Albuquerque)
2. Spencer Kirby (Kiva Club)
3. Jon Bender (Dallas)
4. Tim Brown (Denver)
5. Dave Foley (Phoenix)
1. Ben Gillock (Montezuma, NM)
2. Milan Sykora (Los Alamos)
3. Courtney Carswell (Kiva Club)
4. Zack Smith (Kiva Club)
5. Julia Sheppard (Los Alamos)
6. Paul Kaufman (Kiva Club)
Got squash news?
Send it to Walter Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 20 -22, 2019